New York: 11:26 || London: 14:26 || Mumbai: 19:56 || Singapore: 22:26

Reports Malaysia

Malaysia stock market and companies daily report (June 20, 2014)

June 20, 2014, Friday, 06:05 GMT | 02:05 EST | 10:35 IST | 13:05 SGT
Contributed by Shares Investment


Gamuda Ups Stake For Kesas

- Following a revised offer price of RM3.08 per share, up from RM2.973 apiece, Permodalan Nasional has accepted Gamuda’s RM290 million cash offer in exchange for its 20 percent-stake in Kesas Holdings.

- Under a concession agreement, which is valid until 18 August 2023, Kesas holds the toll concessionaire for the 35 kilometre Shah Alam Expressway.

- The purchase will increase Gamuda’s interest in the highway operator to 70 percent with the Selangor State Development Corporation holding the remaining 30 percent.

Significance: Kesas’ FY13 revenue and net profit climbed 37.3 percent and 80.9 percent to RM332.9 million and RM161 million respectively.


SP Setia Concludes Bangsar Land Deal

- SP Setia’s subsidiary, Setia Federal Hill (SFH), has satisfied all the conditions set out in a privatisation agreement between the government and SP Setia which will see the latter secure a 21.2 hectare land in Jalan Bangsar.

- In exchange for the land, SFH will construct an integrated health and research institute in Setia Alam, Selangor, with a contract value of RM845 million.

- In addition, SP Setia will fork over RM217.1 million to the government as minimum guaranteed profit from the planned mixed development at the Bangsar land.

Significance: Within the mixed development, SP Septia intends to develop luxury residential apartments and integrated commercial products.


UMW Lays Out RM2.7b Capex Plan

- UMW Holdings unveiled a RM2.7 billion capital expenditure (capex) strategy for the year, up 80 percent from 2013’s RM1.5 billion.

- The firm’s oil and gas (O&G) unit will be allocated RM1.9 billion, automotive segment will receive RM400 million while its equipment division will get RM250 million.

- Separately, UMW’s 38 percent-owned Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua will launch an energy efficient vehicle in 2H14 to help the latter maintain its lead in the domestic car market.

Significance: While UMW’s O&G unit, which contributed 15 percent of the firm’s FY13 net profit, may see a slight increase in its contribution for FY14, the automotive division, which brought in 80 percent of last year’s bottom line, is expected to continue contributing the bulk of its earnings.

Stock Market Forum