Reports » US
US stock market, economy and companies update (December 02, 2013)
- US equity markets have given up their earlier gains and dropped into the red in the first hour and a half of cash trading. As of writing, the DJIA is down 0.20%, the S&P500 is down 0.02% and the Nasdaq is down 0.04%.
- USD/JPY tested above 103 for fresh six-month highs on reports the Bank of Japan was working on contingency plans for more economic stimulus beyond the current $70B/month bond-buying operation should the economy stall next year after the sales tax hike in April.
- The November ISM manufacturing survey was quite strong, with the key new orders component rising more than three points from October to 63.6 while inventories fell two points to 50.5. The employment index pushed out to a 19-month high of 56.5.
- Construction spending rose to its highest level in nearly 4.5 years in October as a rebound in public construction projects offset a drop in private outlays. Construction spending fell 0.3 percent in September. The release of the September report was delayed by a 16-day government shutdown. Spending in October was boosted by a 3.2% increase in state and local government outlays, the biggest advance since February 2009.
- Forest Laboratories is up 4.5% this morning. Recently installed CEO Brenton Saunders took the wraps off a new restructuring projects this morning. The company is looking to cut $500M in costs and also plans to buy back up to $1 billion in company stock. It also acquired US marketing rights to Merck's Saphris, a schizophrenia and bipolar treatment.
- Amazon's faint gains have evaporated this morning as the news frenzy about CEO Bezos's drone service gives up ground to news the US Supreme Court will not hear a challenge to state sales taxes on online sales brought by Amazon and Overstock. AMZN is down 1.0% or so in the early going.
- 11:30 (US) Treasury to sell combined $59B in 3-Month and 6-Month Bills
- 12:00 (IT) Italy Nov New Car Registrations Y/Y: No est v -5.6% prior
- 12:00 (BR) Brazil Nov Trade Balance: +$450Me v -$224M prior; Total Exports: $20.2Be v $22.8B prior; Total Imports: $19.8Be v $23.1B prior
- 13:00 (MX) Mexico Nov IMEF Manufacturing Index: No est v 49.3 prior; Non-Manufacturing Index: No est v 49.6 prior
- 19:30 (AU) Australia Oct Retail Sales M/M: 0.4%e v 0.8% prior
- 20:00 (CN) China Nov Non-manufacturing PMI: No est v 56.3 prior
- 22:30 (AU) Australia Central Bank (RBA) Interest Rate Decision: Expected to leave Cash Rate Target unchanged at 2.50%
- (RO) Romania Nov International Reserves: €35.5B v €37.8B prior
- (CZ) Czech Nov Budget Balance (CZK): -79.4B v -47.7B prior
- (BR) Brazil Nov PMI Manufacturing: 49.7 v 50.2 prior
- (RU) Russia Nov Reserve Fund: $86.9B v $87.2B prior; Wellbeing Fund: $88.1B v $88.7B prior
- (ZA) South Africa Nov Naamsa Vehicle Sales Y/Y: -4.6% v -2.9% prior
- (US) Nov Final Markit US PMI Manufacturing: 54.7 v 54.3e
- (CA) RBC Canada Jun Manufacturing PMI: 52.0 v 52.4 prior
- (US) Nov ISM Manufacturing: 57.3 v 55.1e; Prices Paid: 52.5 v 55.0e
- (US) Oct Construction Spending M/M: 0.8% v 0.4%e
- (MX) Mexico Oct Total Remittances: $1.9B v $1.8Be
Stock Market Forum
- Indian Stock Market ,Nifty Future Technical Trading Tips
23 April 2014
- Theralase (TSXV: TLT) Developing Next Generation Medical Lasers
22 April 2014
- Get Free Intraday Mcx & Stock Tips Free Trial at Gaining.com
21 April 2014
- Sell MCX Gold Jun contract at Rs 28960
19 April 2014
- 100% secure stock tips
18 April 2014
- IntelGenx (IGX.V) Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results and Highlights Recent Developme
16 April 2014
- Daily Stock Market Technical Data
16 April 2014
- Skyharbour Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:SYH) Western Athabasca Syndicate Provides Dril
15 April 2014
- Indian Stock Market News
10 April 2014
- Stock market trading calls today
10 April 2014